Monday, April 26, 2010

The Alternative.

This afternoon I went to my very first acupuncture session with Dr. Cherry. I've read so many good things about this guy that I guess I had these high expectations of him being so compassionate and caring and boy, were they all correct. I was able to open up to him like no other despite just meeting him for the first time. Weird, no?

We discussed me trying to conceive and was very surprised that the Catholic OB didn't order an FSH test. Yeah, same here, buddy! I didn't know about an FSH test until after the fact that I got referred to the fertility clinic and frankly at this point, whatever. I'm positive that the fertility clinic will order the test, no doubt. 

He did a 25 minute acupuncture treatment on me. When he placed the needles on me, it just felt like a slight pinch but that was it. No other pain whatsoever. He had me lay there for about 25 minutes and in those 25 minutes, I closed my eyes and tried to relax. It was sorta hard though because I hear the receptionist laugh and hear other people talk despite the Massage Envy type of music playing in the background.   There was a needle in each of my ears, one in the middle of my forehead, a few on my lower limbs and lower abdoment area. 


In all honesty, I'm not quite sure about this yet.  He would like to me visit him on a weekly visit. I failed to ask him how much each visit would cost me. If it is $145 per session, I may have to re-think this. 


He gave me a book, titled, The Infertility Cure, by Randine Lewis. I read a few chapters in it and some aspects of it has caught my interest, whereas some didn't. I just can't help but wonder if it's all more of a psychological belief when it comes to Eastern medicine. My pessimist side can't help but come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote

Quote

Quote