Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Next Chapter: Injectibles.

Hey Folks! I'm back from a mini break of blogging and I must report that absolutely nothing has changed. Who am I kidding though? Did I really think that after my laparscopy surgery that I would immediately get preggers? Well, I really was hoping that was going to be the case with all of my fingers and toes crossed so tightly. I ain't gonna lie. I was dreaming.... but one could hope right?

Yesterday we met with our nurse coordinator. She was a pleasant lady who's been an RN for a little over 40 years. Not sure how long she's been in the infertility biznatch, but I'll ask next time I see her. Her plan is to put me on the following: 

225 IU of Gonal F for 3 days, then drop to 150 IU Q daily
Ovidrel 250 mcg


We couldn't believe the cost of the prescriptions. My insurance, while I'm greatly appreciative that they cover 50% of infertility diagnostics and medications, I must say, we are still having to pay a moderately hefty price for one cycle. The medication alone is going to be $1,500 and the procedures will roughly be around $842 bringing the grand total to $2,342. Woooooooooah, baby! (no pun intended).


But, we keep telling ourselves that it's all going to be worth it. The joking side of me says, " this baby better not be no meth head, though. Sorry, I just can't help but say that. It's funny, right? 


I'm kinda bummed that with this fertility cycle, I have to lead a life as if I'm actually preggers which I really don't get because people that live a normal life get pregnant and come out fine. They are wanting to restrict me from heavy duty exercise which means, no more spin classes, bikram yoga, or running on the treadmill. Oh yeah, no more ibuprofen, motrin, advil which are my saving graces most of the times and no more raw fish. WTH guys???


Stupid list. 





3 comments:

  1. The meds are killers on the wallet! We did 2 IUI med cycles before we moved into IVF. I hope you have much success with this cycle.

    Welcome to Tylenol and gentle yoga!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, have you considered acupuncture? I went through IVF and was fortunately successful and have been trying naturally for well over a year know. I just started acupuncture and the Doctor feels very confident about me getting pregnant in the next few months. I will let you know if I am successful, but as of right now, it is very relaxing and calming. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Vegas, good luck sweets!!! Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you too!

    I've also tried acupuncture but only once. The session was $145 and was going to be that amount each time I go in and he wanted me to in for 6 months. So, unfortunately, I stopped because I just couldn't afford that. Please let me know how it all comes out. I keep hearing good things about acupuncture combined with fertility tx's.

    ReplyDelete

Quote

Quote

Quote