Friday, January 21, 2011

Infertile Friends.

While I'm absolutely grateful to be able to have an online support group that I can reach out to when it comes to infertility, I wish at times that I could have real life friends that I can also turn to. We really do feel alone alot because no one really talks about the subject. Sure, you find that some people talk about it after the fact they have children and well, that just plain sucks because you just gotta ask, 
" where were you when I needed you before you had the children?"

I gotta be thankful though for my good friend, whom I'll call NP, short for nurse practitioner because she is one. She has been the saving grace to me and Mr. Dubyah. Literally.  (She's the one on the right)




Since telling her that we have been having trouble trying to conceive she has been my coach. She has been my advocate. She has been the person who has put me in touch with some of her friends who have gone through infertility and succeeded just so that I can have some people to talk to if I have questions, need referrals, need answers, etc. Heck, she even said she would give us the money for the IVF and she was dead serious. But, we thought about it and ultimately decided that we are going to try and come up with the money on our own and if need be, we'll ask her and her husband as a very, very, very, last resort. 

On that note, can I just say that I absolutely dislike the show, " I didn't know I was pregnant?" I watched a couple of episodes a few months back and it just bothered me that these women had no idea that they were pregnant. How the heck do you not know??? Do you just think you are extremely bloated?  The kicker is that there are tons of these episodes which means there are tons of women who have experienced this. 

 

1 comment:

  1. I am right with you on that stupid show. Ugh. I seriously hate most of TLC's show, but I can't seem to turn it off!

    ReplyDelete

Quote

Quote

Quote