Monday, February 1, 2010

Does this make you cringe or what?

Last week, a study came out about "Women and Falling Fertility." Did you guys read or hear about it on the news? I sure did and frankly, it made me roll my eyes and left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Like a ate a piece of liver by accident taste. Ick.  {Sorry to those that have the love for liver. }

It hit me because I'm one of the statistics this study is lovingly speaking about. I'm 34 (recently turned, as a matter of fact, hmph!) and according to this study, I have already lost more than 90% of my good eggs. Greaaaaaat. Just what I needed to hear as I begin my journey of infertility. 

But you know what? I'm not going to fully believe it. No sir. No way. I have plenty of friends that are the same age as me if not older, who are having healthy babies. So, this study  can pretty much suck it.  

In other news, had a brief phone conversation with my OB. I faxed him Mr. Dubyah's giz count results and he left me a message on Friday to discuss it. Discuss my ass. More like, ask me two questions within a 30 second time frame. This is how the convo went.

OB: Hi All Cried Out, this is Dr. OB here, how are you?


Me: I'm okay, yourself?


OB: Good. So, thanks for sending me results. Is this the first analysis he's done? 


Me: Nope, this is the 2nd analysis and it pretty much came back with the same results as the last. Tomorrow he's going to the fertility clinic to get a more detailed sperm analysis. 


OB: Oh Good! They'll be able to look at it further and discuss your options from there. 


Me: So, that's pretty much the next step?


OB: Yes. 


Me: Okay. Thank You. 


So, tell me, should I have asked him more questions? I'm so new to all of this infertility jargon that I have no clue what to ask or what to say. I feel as though he's been sorta laxed with me. Upon our first meeting, he did ask me some questions, did an informal exam on me, also ordered some blood work to see my hormone levels and such. He also stated that if Mr. Dubyah's giz analysis came back normal, that he would do a scan to see if my fallopian tubes are blocked. But, now that we found out that Mr. Dubyah's giz analysis is abnormal, he pretty much has stopped it from there. 

I guess watching Guiliana and Bill's Reality show doesn't help the situation either. So jealous that her OB went above and beyond to ensure that they were equipped to have a baby. She got a ultrasound, the dye to check if her tubes were blocked in addition to seeing if Bill's sperm was normal. WTF, right? 

I guess my question is, should I seek another OB?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote

Quote

Quote