Sunday, February 21, 2010

Semi Good News.

We received Mr. Dubyah's SA results from the fertility clinic. Low n' Behold, they were normal. NORMAL! I couldn't believe it. I mean, how could the first two lab results show extremely low results for the motility and morphology and then, bam, a fertility clinic comes in with their high tech machines and outshines them all!

I'm in disbelief to say the least. Still on the cautious side and just waiting for something or somebody to tell us something is wrong. I can't help it. It's so hard not to have your hopes ups so high. This is what IF has done to me emotionally. To be numb.

In other news, I am so thankful for the friends we have in our life. There are two friends in which they were one of the first people whom we told about our IF issues. I think part of the reason why we told them was because they are both in the medical field. He's a neurosurgeon and she's a nurse practitioner. Anyways, NP wanted me to talk to her sister in law because she went through IVF 5 years ago and had two beautiful twin boys. So, the other night,  we go to their house and talk about going through IF and IVF.

Talking to them has pretty much pointed us in the direction of IVF. We've been on the fence about it. Not sure if we should go straight for it or speak with my OB. But, they got us thinking. At least, the SIL did. She told me that since I've been trying for over a year now with no success and given my age, she would recommend going straight for IVF. Sure, the OB can offer me some pointers, but will probably advise me to try out fertility drugs, then IUI, etc. By the time, I go through all of that, I would have probably wasted yet another year and money with no baby in tow.

So, come Monday, Mr. Dubyah and I are going to set up an appointment to get an initial consultation. Oh Boy! I'm nervous. How are we going to come up with the funds to get this done?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote

Quote

Quote