Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Making IF Public.

Mr. Dubyah and I are nearing our 2 year wedding anniversary and I gotta admit that we are getting the
" When you having a baby?" question more and more. It doesn't help neither that most people know our ages and so they have to pull the biological clock card on me.

I was wearing a not-so-flattering blouse last week at a family gathering and one of the older ladies approached me asking how many months I was. Yeah, it was that bad of a shirt and I made sure to make a mental note to throw this blouse away! Fortunately, I took it in good stride and answered that it was my blouse that made me look pregnant and she apologized profusely. But, I just couldn't help but dream of what it would be like to answer her with the most gleeful answer of, " oooh, I'm x months pregnant!"

Anyways, as I digress, I was speaking with a friend over the weekend who is also having infertility issues and she relayed to me that everyone knows about their struggle of having a child.  It got me thinking. Should I just tell people that we are having a difficult time when asked? It is something to be ashamed of? At the same time, I'm not sure if I want people to feel as though they have to quietly step around me when it comes to their own joys. 





 

1 comment:

  1. Everyone feels differently about that question. Me, personally, I talk openly about it. It is a part of who I am and who my DH and I are as a couple. So, our friends and family know, even our neighbors and coworkers know. It's really with what you're comfortable with...some people rather keep it close to the vest, then to share.

    Thanks for commenting on my blog! I def. have shirts like you mentioned...hehe...Take care & have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Quote

Quote

Quote