Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A New Month + A New OB

As predicted, I got my AF this morning. I gotta say that although I knew it was coming because of the symptoms I was feeling during the week, I was sorta trying to not let it come. Don't ask me how I was trying to do this. I don't even know myself.  All's I know is that reality bites. Seriously. 

Surprisingly,  I took it in good stride. Like I said, I'm becoming numb to this whole IF thing. 

Tomorrow morning I have my first appointment with my new OB. Gut was telling me with my initial OB to not continue seeing him. Loved him and all his soft spoken personality, but he just wasn't as aggressive as I was hoping he would be. Found out later that he's a die hard Catholic which is fine by me. I'm a Catholic, too! But, at times, he tends to mingle his faith with his practices. For instance, when discussing our plans to find out why I wasn't getting pregnant, it went down as this:

Plan A: Hormone test on me

Plan B: SA analysis on Mr. Dubyah. If normal, go to Plan C

Plan C: HSG procedure

Plan D: Referral to fertility clinic

Did you notice no fertility drugs were mentioned in our game plan? 

Anyways, going back with my new OB. So yeah, I have my AF and I'm still attending the appointment. I want to see if I can go ahead and schedule an HSG with him which I believe will most likely be the next step. Keep your fingers crossed that he won't exam me down under with my AF. If he does, I will feel so humiliated. LOL 

p.s. A friend introduced me to an application on my iPhone called the Period Tracker. It's a pretty cool program and it definitely beats having to write it down on your calendar. 

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you lots of luck with your new doctor! I have yet to be examined while AF is visiting but I know it's coming, I am dreading it!

    *Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete

Quote

Quote

Quote