Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Downside and Upside

What I'm missing right now is exercise. What helped me get through the 4 month cyst break was exercise and since starting our injections on Saturday morning, I have not stepped foot in the gym. 

Right now, I've resorted to walks with Maddie and Mr. Dubyah but I feel as though I'm not getting enough exercise during the day.  Mr. Dubyah is not really a " routine type of walker," but he does go with me when I ask him if he wants to take a walk. 



What I'm happy that I don't have to stop is eating more vegetarian foods. Lately, I've been on this vegetarian kick.  I'm not saying gone are the days of eating a big juicy steak. I do love me a big hunk of meat.

But, I am just trying to incorporate more vegetables in my life.  I'm trying so hard that I even committed to purchasing a vegetarian cookbook. 

So far, I've made a Saag Peaneer dish.  It's an Indian dish and if you love Indian food, it's a pretty good healthy alternative to this normally buttery-cream filled dish.

and Roasted Chickepea Tacos.

Source

Oh, and I can't seem to break away from these yummy roasted green bean fries. They are so addicting! 
  
So far,  I'm enjoying the vegetarian recipes. They are super easy to put together and not to mention, so fast! Personally, I think my favorite out of the twoso far is the chickpea taco's. 


Mr. Dubyah isn't missing the meat....yet. He says he feels pleasantly full but I do think he compensates the healthy vegetarian meal by indulging in a bowl of ice cream. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote

Quote

Quote