Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Here We Go!

This past Saturday was THE day to start my injections. I was pretty excited to finally crank open these babies up. 



It's amazing how waiting around for 4 months for the cysts to clear can do to your "fear of needles mentality". I had no fear in the world. In fact, I performed the shot myself! Go me!!! In the back of my mind, I was thinking, that I should try and give the shot myself because 1.) What if Mr. Dubyah isn't at home to give it, then what? 2.) I just need to do it; it's much better than anticipating someone poking you with a needle than yourself, right? RIGHT???


Plus, after actually viewing the needle at the clinic, I didn't think the needle looked all too bad. It's small and very thin. 






I chose the time frame 0745-080 to do it since I work night shift and I normally get home around that time frame.

The process is pretty simple. You dial in the dosage that you want. Take off the cap from the pen, screw in the needle,  then squeeze your abdomen (below your belly button), and then stick the needle straight in and push the top of the pen so click in the medicine. 

The clinic has me on the Gonal-F protocol:
Day 1 and 2: 225 IU of Gonal-F
Day 3-8 150 IU of Gonal-F

In between those days, I go in on Day 7 to take a blood test to see how my ovaries are responding to the Gonal-F medication. Then, on Day 10 I get yet another blood test and an ultrasound to check out how many follicles are present. 


I'm pretty excited and at the same time, wondering if the psychic reading that I got awhile back may be true. She did predict September to either conceive or give birth to and September is just around the corner.  


Here's to hoping that this cycle will work. Please, oh Please, oh Please!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Not to provide any false hope or anything, but my first cycle of injectables ended in a BIG positive!! Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Thanks Stephanie! That's awesome--Congrats!!! What protocol did they have you on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. praying for good results for you and hubby! we took a hiatus too, starting back up the good ol fashion way this month. i sure hope it works for the both of us!

    ReplyDelete

Quote

Quote

Quote