Thursday, August 25, 2011

First Time it Stung

This morning I went into the clinic to get my estradiol blood work drawn.  My appointment was for 8:55am and I had the hardest time waking up. How do you day shifters do it day after day? Two snoozes later, I finally dragged myself out of bed to travel 30 minutes away for a 10 minute appointment. F. 

I usually don't have any problems with people getting my blood. I pretty much considered myself an "easy stick." But, this time around.... can I say, ouch? 

I get the RN that I oh-so love (sarcastically, speaking) and I'm thinking, " ofcourse I would get her." I could tell right away that she was going to have a hard time getting my blood.

Why? Because of our initial conversation:
 RN: Do you normally get blood drawn from this arm (left arm)? 

ME: Yes, because I'm right handed


RN: Nods head. 


Hah, I had a feeling because when I draw blood at work, I do prefer the right arm as I'm right handed. I sorta had a feeling she felt the same way based on our conversation. 


Then she proceeds to just tap my veins for a long time and move my arm about for a bit. AND THEN, she finally sticks me but doesn't initially get it. Instead, she has to move it around making it sting so bad! 


I was planning on getting some more blood drawn from a different lab as I need some labs renewed but I opted out. I think I've been traumatized for the day, yes? 


At least I got a pink band though. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote

Quote

Quote