Thursday, August 25, 2011

Right on Track

I was able to view my lab results online through my clinic's patient portal. The result: 439 pg/ml. 

If you are a first timer like me to see this number, I had  no idea what this meant. Thank you Lord for the internet. 

With some research, it looks like I'm right on track giving my cycle day which is numero 8. I stumbled upon this information when researching, "normal values" and came across the fertility community forums -- gah, sometimes I hate those because they make so anxious! Here's what I found:


A Rough Rule-of-Thumb for Good Estradiol Levels.
Exact figures are not possible. As a rough guide, however, a level in the range of 150 to 500 pg/ml is generally considered reasonable for the eighth day of a stimulated cycle. An approximate doubling of this level every 48 hours is considered promising, as a sign of continued good follicle development.


The RN that I sarcastically speaking oh so love, said that if the clinic decides to change my dosage of Gonal-F or needs to talk to me about something then she'll call me by phone. If there are no changes and everything is good, then don't expect a call. 

So far, it's been about 5 hours since I've left the clinic and no phone ringing yet. I guess that's a good thing. ** Update** As I was typing this post up, one of the RN's called and said everything looks good and no changes needed to be made. Woohoo!!!!

Cheers to being right on track!

3 comments:

  1. Great news!

    Hey, did you know that those post blood draw warps are color coded. IVF patients have a different color. I am not sure why, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks MV! No, I had no idea that they color coded them. Interesting snapple fact :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay im glad things are BACK on track!! im sending good vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete

Quote

Quote

Quote